Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Happy Place

Hamamatsu -- the city of water and pines


I went home yesterday....  I went back to where my adventure here in Hamamatsu all started.  I went back to my little fishing village -- Bentenjima.  I have been meaning to go back for quite a while but each time something happens and I don't make it.  But, yesterday, I was determined.  I wanted to go back.  I wanted to feel the sand in my toes again.  I wanted to see the ocean again.  I wanted to splash in the waves.  And I wanted to properly say goodbye.  I was so blessed.  It was so  beautiful.  I have never seen the weather so gorgeous or the water so clear!  For hours, I just enjoyed my quiet beach.


the Bentenjima torii gate
the bridge to my old apartment (the wind destroyed many an umbrella on this bridge)
my neighborhood boats


shells drying -- they have quite a unique "scent" -- one that I finally have learned to appreciate


breakfast -- homemade melon pan (a Japanese bread I have come to love)
the clear, clear water







My time here in Japan may be like footsteps in the sand -- soon to be washed away in people's memories.  But, for me, the experience will always remain.  The journey has been too amazing.  Oh, how I will miss this country, its people, and all that it has taught me!

No comments: