So our ballroom dancing teacher somehow convinced the Dancing with the Gaijin (gaijin means "foreigner") group to join a huge dance presentation at the end of May. It should be fun. We girls will be wearing CRAZY black formal dance dresses (I think they are crazy and I have all kinds of formals in my closet ;-). The boys will be in suits. The six of us will be presenting three dances -- the waltz, the cha-cha, and the jitterbug (my personal favorite!). We have also been told to be prepared to dance with professionals during the "free dance" period. EEEEEEK!!! Since none of us actually take our bi-monthly lessons that seriously and enjoy laughing together more than dancing, it will be an experience to say the least ;-) I came across this video today and thought it was good inspiration... Needless to say, I don't dance Mathilda!
P.S. Watch for her partner crossing himself at 1:35... If I was Catholic, I probably would be doing the exact same thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment