For the second half of spring break, Sarah and I took Kathy and Lauren (two new sweet Christian ALTs) on a tour of Tokyo. The biggest highlight was staying in a Japanese-style capsule hotel. It was so fun (though not particularly comfortable!) Anyway, below are some random photos (from Sarah's camera) of the trip...
 |
| The only picture of the four of us -- unfortunately I'm squinting | |
 |
| Capsule Hotel! |
 |
| The blooming of this cherry blossom tree at the Yasukuni Shrine indicates the official beginning of the season |
 |
| A slightly more open tree! |
 |
| Oh... how I LOVE sakura |
 |
| "The hills are alive with the sound of music....." -- yes, the blonde got stared at when she started singing |
 |
| Tokyo's Liberty Bell --- an exact replica |
 |
| The National Diet |
 |
| A man-made fishing pond in the middle of the city |
 |
| I figured out how to use my nifty GPS on my cellphone and successfully led us to an amazing burger place |
 |
| Asakusa at night... |
 |
| ....it's empty!! |
 |
| the "famous" Tokyo egg |
No comments:
Post a Comment