As many of you know there has been a lot going in my life recently. Some good – some bad, but overall lots of uncertainties and unanswered questions. Its amazing how even after being a Christian for so long, I still struggle with the same issues, the same problems, the same temptations, the same fears. I guess that is in fact part of being human. Even though I have been saved by the grace of God, it doesn't mean that I have become perfect. Jesus' blood has made me clean, and by God's grace I have been saved, but I still make mistakes. I make mistakes everyday. Every hour. Every minute....
Anyways, I realized that I have been very introspective recently. Sometimes, it can be a good thing – I have definitely learned a lot about myself -- but it has also been a challenging road. I have been on my knees a lot recently asking God to teach me. To guide me. To give me direction. To focus on Him and His strength, and not my own. And then loud and clear today in my morning devotions, He spoke to me. It was so touching. So encouraging.
“Be still and know I am God. Be still and know I am God. Be still and know I am God. Be still and know I am God. Be still and know I am God.”
Stillness. Quietness. Communion with my Heavenly Father. My Father is God, why then should I be anxious?
No comments:
Post a Comment