Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Scenes from My Neighborhood




I actually don't live in downtown Hamamatsu, but in a little fishing town 15 minutes west by train. It is known for its clamming and these tiny little fish (I don't know what they are called) that look mysteriously like the wormy things from The Little Mermaid. The first time I ate the fish I thought that they were fried onions (think French's Fried Onions) until I saw there silvery eyes staring back at me. Let's just say that I lost my appetite. Of course, the next day I was served them raw.... Life does that sometimes!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Just don't look at your food, it will make everything better.

:-) Lillis

Anonymous said...

It looks so pretty and quaint. I'm so glad you're in a little town...seems like more of an adventure than in the big city! (or maybe I should say that the adventure seems safer?!)