Sunday, August 3, 2008

I made it!

Hi Everyone,
I made it... Thanks to a choice of 352 movies, multiple books, and the wonders of Tylenol PM, the 12 hour flight really wasn't too bad (oh, and the "midnight" snack of ice cream definitely helped!) Once arriving into the Narita airport, us 27 Miami JETS were met by an incredible staff of yellow-shirted people spaced literally several feet apart throughout the entire airport... There was no way we could get lost! On the way to our hotel, we passed Tokyo Disney (a must-see sometime) but alas, I didn't get pictures of the castle poking through the high-rises. Speaking of pictures, due to some strategic packing (notice the sarcasm) I have managed to not bring my camera cord with me to Tokyo to download pictures. So, they will appear later once I am reacquainted with my baggage in Hamamatsu. Well, dear friends, I should close... though there is so much more I would like to tell you it will have to come later. My time on the computer is up. Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to talk with you and hear that you were safely on the ground...even though it is half a globe away! Hope the next few days are interesting and informative, so you'll reach Hamamatsu feeling more secure about your life and job in Japan. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hope all will make it without any issues

Hilda said...

Glad you made it! I'm so thankful too, that we were able to see you before you left. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Aunt Hilda