Last weekend, I performed in a concert with MOMO, an all-women's choir lead by one of my LOLs, at the downtown instrument museum. Over 200 hundred people were in attendance for this fund-raising concert for the earthquake victims.
The ladies began the concert with several selections, then it was Maigen's and my turn...
After playing three selections, I was called on for an encore. As I stood to bow once again, I was pleasantly surprised to see my vice-principal with a gorgeous bouquet of sunflowers and yellow roses.
I turned around and was greeted by one of the MOMO member's who then presented me with a bouquet of pink roses and orchids.
All in all, nineteen friends and teachers (both current and former) came specifically to listen to me play.
I was truly overwhelmed by everyone's love and support.
| My room smelled like a garden for the entire following week! |
![]() |
| In Japan, not only flowers are presented to performers, but small gifts as well. |
It was a wonderful opportunity to perform again (its been three years!) and share my love of music with so many people. I was so grateful for MOMO's invitation and willingness to share their concert with me.






1 comment:
Wish I could have heard you, sweetie. I love the pictures of you with the harp - you look like you're really enjoying yourself!
xoxo
Post a Comment