Our next stop was Xian, where we found ourselves participating in an early-morning bike ride on the city wall. It should be noted, that just two weeks prior, I taught Sarah had to ride a bike! I proudly watched her not crash into anyone (or anything!).
Our next sightseeing spot was the terracotta warriors. They were really a sight to see!!
 |
| Meet Mr. Lucky -- the only soldier to be in one piece! |
 |
| Meet Ms. Toelcke -- the only soldier to be wearing glasses! |
Later, we headed to a Chinese mosque -- which looked nothing like the ones I saw in Turkey!
 |
| I told you I liked doors! |
 |
| more doors! |
 |
| Dumplings for lunch -- they were supposed to represent what was inside. Can you see the duck and walnut? |
 |
| "9 Million Bicycles in (Xian)" |
 |
| A very big cat! |
 |
| The Wild Goose Pagoda (minus the goose!) |
 |
| My "banana boat" which had no bananas and didn't look like the cookie adorned boat in the picture ;-( |
Next stop, Chengdu and Pandas!
1 comment:
I'm sorry about the ice cream "banana boat" minus the banana! The watermelon chunks look like oranges slices, which might have tasted better with ice cream. Oh well...at least you can say you've eaten Chinese ice cream!
xoxox
Post a Comment