Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Vacation! Last Stop -- Shanghai!

After a fairly harrowing trip, including an unconscious passenger, an emergency landing over mountains, a helicopter and ambulance escort, and a MIA tour guide, we finally arrived in Shanghai (where I was promptly told that I had left over $600 in the previous hotel in Chengdu).  Needless to say, our first day in the new city wasn't particularly pleasant, but thankfully things got much better!
a "floating" tea house






Shanghai's Pearl Tower


It had a clear balcony


In Shanghai, we were privileged to watch an incredible Chinese acrobatic troupe..
I don't think I will be trying this at home!

Or this!

Jerry (my chiropractor!) would kill me if I tried this!

They make it look so easy!
 Then it was time to say goodbye to an incredible trip and amazing country...

We boarded the Maglev Train...

... and rode 267 miles per hour to the airport!


(Oh, and the money, it all came back! )

1 comment:

mum said...

Yaaay! Great trip, wonderful experience, beautiful pictures.....and you got your money back!!
xoxox