Our final day in Thailand found us awaking to a downpour! The veranda of the hotel was flooded and instead of cooking omelets the staff was squeegeeing floors and laying sandbags around the elevator. But, they promised us that the rest of the city would also still be running. Not wanting to miss our only chance to see the Grand Palace, we grabbed umbrellas and hailed a taxi. Below is snippets from our day -- in no particular order and unfortunately with few comments since half the time, we, also, didn't really know what we were seeing!
Grand Palace
Sarah found another tiger! (or is it a lion?)
Palace Guards
Fruit stall! (As yummy as it looked, we avoided it just to be safe)
Outdoor restaurant (We avoided it too)
Tuk-tuks (The traditional Thai taxi)
Giant Gold Buddha for which Thai is famous
He was giant!!
Close-up of the inlay in his feet
Hmm... This sign really made us wonder! (it kind of contradicted all the guide books)
We found a Pizza Hut for Lunch!!!!
And a Subway for Dinner! (and I am modeling my new super-cheap haircut!)
2 comments:
mum
said...
Love the pictures - amazing sights! And hooray for American fast food - bringing the tastes of home to a far-away place!!
You pictures make me miss traveling. I too saw the giant reclining gold Buddha statue. It is amazing, and I like their tradition of dropping in coins in those buckets around the statue... Glad to see you're enjoying God's fabulous varied world.
2 comments:
Love the pictures - amazing sights!
And hooray for American fast food - bringing the tastes of home to a far-away place!!
You pictures make me miss traveling. I too saw the giant reclining gold Buddha statue. It is amazing, and I like their tradition of dropping in coins in those buckets around the statue...
Glad to see you're enjoying God's fabulous varied world.
Post a Comment