Yesterday in church, the pastor spoke about joy. One of the things that he pointed out is that joy and thanksgiving go hand-in-hand (Psalms 100). I was really challenged by the sermon. You see, living here in Japan, I often find myself more consumed with the daily challenges or the things that I don't have than with all of the blessings that I do have. Also, here in Japan, people are expected to hide their true emotions. It is so easy to fall into the trap of a "wooden face." However, that is not what I want to be. I want to be a joy bearer. I want my smile to shine. I want joy, peace, and thanksgiving to radiate so strongly out of me that I am like a burning torch wherever I go. I want the Japanese people to see that I am different (and beyond my height, blondness, and long nose). So, I have made it a personal challenge this year to be joyous. Of course, I can't do it alone but my prayer is that God will radiate through every inch of my being. Last night, I prayed that God would help me find joy, beauty, and thanksgiving in something everyday. Today, he definitely answered my prayer for this morning I woke up to a beautiful surprise. Now, before I reveal his present, I must point out that the climate of Hamamatsu is the same as Tallahassee so the below beauty is a miracle!
No comments:
Post a Comment