Monday, January 17, 2011

Do You Think Someone Used Google Translator?

During the holidays, my first-year junior high students were required to keep an English journal. Now, to give you a bit of a background of their English level, the students just learned the basics of past tense and are currently learning the "I can (play basketball)" phrase. They also know "My name is ~", "I like ~", and "This is a ~". Below is my favorite excerpt:

When I returned there was only a grandmother. The reason seems to be because it proved it in Jusco to buy something with a New Year Year's present for some reason when it says. The lunch seems to have gone to the Vikings. I heard it and I felt complicated.



2 comments:

mummy said...

Huh?? I hope you could figure it out. I have NO idea what (s)he was trying to communicate!

Hilda said...

I love English in Japan??