Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ocean Day


So, last Monday was Ocean Day! I'm not exactly sure the point of the national holiday, but to celebrate, a group of us from the English-speaking church decided to go to a local river! We spent several lovely hours swimming, jumping, splashing, diving for yours' truly's glasses, and enjoying the time of fellowship and beautiful weather!

the river and big rock


three pale foreigners wearing black suits
(Sarah, me, and Joanna)

Mami and Yuko
(two adorable young Japanese Christian ladies)

Per Tiki's request -- a contrast of colors!
(He is too heavy for "three pale foreigners in black suits"!)
Ultimate Frisbee
(I had to quit after I face-planted and ended up with a bruised and bleeding shin)


attempting to blindly climb the big rock

blindly jumping off the rock!
(It's great I can't see without my glasses, or I probably would have never jumped)



a splash ending to a fabulous day!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You did so well with blind rock climbing!

..now I have to get your card..

mum said...

Love it - looks like so much fun! My favorite pic is your jump from the rock. Whoever took it had perfect timing!! xoxoxo

the tent maker said...

Sarah took it! Didn't she do a great job?

Hilda said...

Looks like great fun--but a holiday to celebrate the ocean??