Saturday, May 15, 2010

In Recent News...

So, I am a bit behind in my posts recently and I am sorry. It has just really busy here in the Japanese education world recently. You see, in Japan, there are three school terms: April-July, September-December, January-March. Now, it would seem logical that the new school year would begin in September after the month-long break. However, logic doesn't run the system. Instead, this year the new school year began April 6th while the old one ended March 19th. Needless to say it is a crazy time for everyone because in Japan teachers must change schools every 1-6 years. Half the teachers leave, new teachers come, and nobody has any clue what classes they will be teaching until the last minute. As far as the ALT (yours truly), it was decided that I would also visit three elementary schools in addition to my normal classes at the junior high school. Thus, I am still trying to keep my head above water as I juggle four schools and 21 (versus 13) classes a week!!!! My dear readers, I haven't forgotten about you...I have just been pre-occupied. Changing the subject complete (and actually getting to the point of this post). So, during the crazy switcharoo time, the Hamamatsu ALTs were asked to work at a two-day English camp for the municipal high school. On the second day, a photographer showed up and started snapping pictures... Guess who was in the city newspaper??


Yep, the only blond in attendance!!! (I'm positive I only made it, because all the other ALTs have dark hair and that wouldn't look so foreign now would it?)

2 comments:

mum said...

And I'll just bet if you were all standing up -- you also would have been chosen!
xoxoxo

Nathan and Erin said...

I think it was just because you are so cute!