Usually when I'm not teaching, I am in the staff room grading papers or lesson planning. Earlier this week though, I happened to be up and around the school and I found some of my third-year kids practicing their baking skills. Its really fun to be with these kids because their English is decent enough to make basic sentences and since we have a good relationship, they try really hard to explain things (at least some of them!). Beyond snapping pictures, I ended up walking around with a spoon tasting some of their creations!

Sponge cake with strawberries, real whipped cream, and a very happy cook!

Close up on the cake with a side of homemade vanilla pudding

The ubiquitous "peace" sign.
(As an aside, in Japan, it is perfectly natural/expected that you will have your "own" version of the peace sign which depends on its angle and placement)

Boys doing the dishes?????

Some delicious strawberry, puffed
pastry dessert

In Japan, its also perfectly normal to be a middle school boy wearing a teddy bear imprinted apron that you made, a purple
bandanna in your hair, and a medical mask.
(Its also perfectly normal for the boys to hug each other, sit on one another's laps, and hang off of one another like monkeys)

Another "boy-washing-dishes" spotting!
1 comment:
Yum!!
Post a Comment