LF: Hello, thisis completelyindistinguisablespeedspeakingperson
Emily: Hello, this is Emily Toelcke
LF: Hello? Hello?
Emily: Emily Toelcke
LF: somethingsomething did you lose blahblah
Emily: Dictionary. Yesterday.
LF: Do you understand Japanese?
Emily: A little...
LF: Just a moment...
Emily: Okay
LF: Emily-san?
Emily: Yes.
LF: somethingelsecompletelyindescernablethatwaswaytoofast
Emily: Yes
LF: blahblahblahblahblah close in ten minutes. 7 o'clock. Okay?
Emily: Yes, yes.
LF: Tomorrow somethingwillhappenmaybeitsbettertocometomorrowbutfranklyIhavenoidea
Emily: Today. Now. Come. Dictionary.
LF: lkadfsijfslaskdjfoiwerjlaksdjfoijewlrkajdfoidsuajlskdjroaweiruadbflkdsjfaosifhs
Emily: Thank you.
LF: lkjasdofielakjwfoidsajlkejraosidfuskajrf;lewiaskjdfh
Knowing I only have ten minutes to obtain my communicator, I high-tail down three flights of stairs, weave through hoards of businessmen leaving work, and race (as fast as one can run in heels) toward the bus terminal. With three minutes to spare I fling open the door and announce "I'm a bicycle!!!" What I of course mean to say is I lost my dictionary, but alas, that too is failed to be expressed. However, the Lost and Found men are quite bright. Not long before a dictionary had been returned. Here in front of them stands a blonde, proclaiming herself to be a man-powered two-wheel person mover. Could they in some way be connected? Nah...that would be too obvious!!!
4 comments:
Oh, Emmy. You are so funny. Thanks for the laugh! I'm sure it wasn't as funny to you--but I could just picture it from your description. Love you, Aunti Hildi
this just totally made my week
How about instead of "brightly colored" we just tie all your essential electronic items onto your person? i.e. since you can't live without the dictionary, it could hang from your right arm, the camera from around your neck, the phone...ahhh...you get the picture!! Glad it was returned. Thanks for the hilarious read!
Love you.
How funny!!!! At least a bicycle is a modest and noble item. Very practicle. If you were a bike, you'd be an ABBC bike - neon colors with gerbera daisies, a basket, a little pink bell, and a harp cart attached. Hmmm maybe it would need to be a moped or motorcycle instead.... On the flip side, at least you didn't tell/ask them something else...I heard a funny story about a missionary that asked his bicycle repairman to marry him. He thought he was asking him to fix his bike. :)
Post a Comment