During the spring holidays, I had the opportunity to visit Kyoto -- one of the most historical cities in all of Japan -- with two ladies from my church. I have always wanted to visit the city and I was not disappointed. Being in the middle of the sakura (cherry blossom) season, the city was a swirl of pink and smelled deliciously of flowers. Many of the temples, castles, and shrines are older than the United States and much of the area incorporates the old Japanese traditions. Often, it was like stepping back into ancient Asian history. Unfortunately, my pictures hardly due the trip justice...
4 comments:
Beautiful pics! But really ... I have to ask about the soundtrack. It's the Mulan theme song! But was the Mulan theme taken from a traditional Japanese tune? Or Chinese tune? Or was this just a rearrangement of the Mulan song?
How beautiful and what a great presentation! You're right - we should come in the Spring. I'd love to see it with all the flowers in bloom!!
Oh, Emmy. I loved the pictures and how you put them together. How fortunate you are to have been able to make the trip! I also love the picture of you and the two ladies indulging in one of your favorite pasttimes--ice cream!! Love you, Aunti Hildi
Ahh.... the music! I was wondering if anyone would notice :-) yes it is the Mulan theme song, which, after a little research was not based on any particular traditional tunes. The arrangement I used was done by Manheim Steamroller (I love most of their work) from their CD Manheim Meets the Mouse.
Post a Comment