Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Love English in Japanese School


At my elementary school the fifth graders and I have been working on learning the phrases "Where are you going?" "I'm going to the (library)" I have been belaboring the point for two weeks now with chants, games, and constant practice. Last week I found this poster of me on the bulletin board. Obviously, my work is still yet unfinished! (For those of you wondering about the toothy creature on the bottom, it is an alligator. I taught my students that instead of saying goodbye at the end of class they say "See you later, Alligator." The teachers get the biggest kick out of it, and it is absolutely hilarious to see the little ones make alligator hands!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you can take the girl from the Gators, but not the Gators from the girl! (Oops....I guess I should have said "Seminoles.") Hilarious!!

dbardy said...

I agree, that is hilarious! I love reading about your cultural learnings. Hey, since video games are so popular in japan, do you play games with the students?

the tent maker said...

Video games would be fun, but as cell phones, make-up, and all forms of jewelry are banned from school for both the teachers and students, I guess Mario isn't invited either.