Sunday, January 29, 2012

Renewing Friendships in Raleigh

Part two of Christmas break found me in Raleigh, North Carolina at the home of my dear friend (and college roommate), Allie.  It was an especially wonderful trip because 1) I haven't seen her in two years and 2) I got to meet Oliver Thomas, the newest addition to the family!

Oliver and me

Madeline and me  (the last time I saw her, she was a newborn!)
While the kids were napping, we decided to make cake pops.
An outing to Moonberry Yogurt Bar.   There were 12 different kinds of yogurt and over 50 toppings to choose from.  Definitely this Dairy Queen's kind of place ;-)
Acai blueberry and Mhoonberry Tart yogurt topped with fresh fruit, mochi, and mango berries.  I have to say that it was much more delicious than the Maple Bacon Doughnut yogurt (which honestly wasn't all that bad!)
After our yogurt treat, we stopped at Chick-fil-e (oh, how I miss that place!) and had a picnic in the park where we met a brave squirrel who decided to steal our chicken nuggets.

Finally, after many interruptions, we finished the cake pops!  They were great, but not as wonderful as our visit!

To view the rest of my Raleigh pictures go here

No comments: