Sunday, November 20, 2011
Hello. My name is Squirrel Monkey.
There is no denying it. This week I officially turned into a squirrel monkey. "A squirrel monkey?" you ask. "What do you mean?" Let's just say that after an intensive almost eight-hour Japanese language experience last Sunday at the tea ceremony, I have had an official brain explosion. My attention span is equal to that of a squirrel. My language ability (in both Japanese and English) is equal to that of a monkey (i.e. hardly existent except for the occasional indiscernible grunt). My balancing skills are equal to either creature without a tail (yes, this week, I have now taken falling to a completely new level!!!!)
All joking aside, will you please pray for me. For some unknown reason, in the past month or so, I have become a nocturnal creature with the inability to sleep. The constant exhaustion has really begun to take a toll on me both physically and mentally. I am finding that my perspective towards my job, my colleagues, my students, and even aspects of my life in Japan are being tainted because I am constantly exhausted. Please pray that God will be my strength and, in His great mercy, an actual night of rest. Pray also that I can think beyond my own needs and be a joy-bearer and light in this dark country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment