Sunday, November 13, 2011

振袖:Furisode

This weekend, my school nurse invited me to a special event being held by her kimono school -- a dress-up tea ceremony!  Her instructor kindly lent (and dressed) me in a furisode (one of the most formal of all kimono worn only by "young" unmarried females)None of my pictures from the actual ceremony came out well.  However, here are of a few of our walk through the Hamamatsu Castle Park.


in front of the Hamamatsu Castle
a bit blurry picture of my school nurse and I

me and the instructor's three girls
While touring the castle, we were asked if we could be in a visiting American couple's vacation photo
the only "close-up" picture I got of the silk furisode and golden obi

showing off my fancy (but also breath restricting) obi
standing on the bridge, I became a model not only for the kimono school's flyer but also for several budding photographers
 

2 comments:

mum said...

It is beautiful! But not any more so than the lovely one wearing it!!
xoxo

Hilda said...

You look beautiful Emmy! Love you!