There is a saying that goes something like this "You haven't seen Kyoto until you have seen it in the spring...but you haven't really seen Kyoto until you have seen it in the fall." Okay, maybe I just made that up, but it is totally true! This past weekend I had the chance to check off another one of my "While I'm in Japan, I want to ~ List." For three Falls now, I have wanted to see Japanese momiji (maple). I used to think that cherry blossoms were the most gorgeous of God's plant creations, but now that I have seen his fall palette, I might just have to rethink my decision. While walking the streets of old Japan, I questioned why I am so enamored with the change of seasons. I think that it is because I grew up in Florida where the seasons were labeled "Tourist Season" and "Off-Season." I now can understand my mom's pining for the North's fall -- it's beautiful! A word of warning though, I got a little carried away taking pictures of leaves. Enjoy (^~^)









1 comment:
Oh my!! If we can't make it to Japan this Spring, I know I'll want to come in the Fall - it's beautiful!
(And thank you for taking the gingko leaves with maple picture - I loved it!)
Post a Comment