Saturday, March 6, 2010
Chocolate Covered What?!?!
If you have been reading my blog recently, you might remember my Valentine's story and how I mentioned that when I gave my principal his Conversation Hearts, he turned bright red. Well, a couple of weeks ago he went on a trip to Tokyo. In true Japanese fashion, he brought back a little omiyage (snack souvenir) for each teacher. Well, that evening when I was leaving school, I heard someone call my name. Turning around, kochousensei (Japanese for "principal") was hanging out of his first-office window with a small gift.
In another true Japanese fashion, he had specifically remembered me on his trip because of my gift to him. In fact, he had bought me a bag of special "White Day" Chocolates (March 14th: the day that Japanese men give women chocolates). Due to his manner of presentation (hanging out of the window instead of giving me the present in front of all of the other teachers), he was obviously shy. In fact, the two of us don't interact much -- I'm too intimidated to talk to him because of his position in the school and my lack of Japanese and I think that he, too, is a little overwhelmed by this crazy foreigner! So the fact that he remembered me with chocolates was really cute...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The ubiquitous Japanese red bean.... but, awww....very sweet!
Post a Comment