Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Thanksgiving
So it looks innocent enough, but it's the stories behind the meal that make it unique.....
Last year my "big" Thanksgiving feast was proceeded by the following direct quote from one of my former elementary school colleagues. "Emily, go to gym. Big fish, cut, cut, cut!" I went to the gym and sure enough there was the largest tuna I have ever seen being sliced, diced, and served raw to the school's staff and students. Needless to say it was a one-in-a-kind "feast" that I didn't ever want to repeat. This year, though, Mommy and Grandma surprised me with a box of Thanksgiving goodies including turkey gravy and cranberry sauce. Well, everyone, I am happy to report that Sarah and I cooked our first Thanksgiving meal. So what if we simmered chicken instead of turkey in the gravy, accidentally hit the "microwave" versus the "oven" button when baking the apple cinnamon muffins, totally forgot about cooking the broccoli, found all the ingredients for a pumpkin pie except pumpkin, and accidentally used "essence of banana" milk in the mashed potatoes. It tasted good!!! (Okay, maybe the potatoes weren't so great, but Sarah maintains that the fruit-flavored spuds were to keep the cranberry sauce from feeling lonely :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like your meal was a winner! Glad you had a little taste of what we were experiencing in Houston, though we certainly missed having you celebrate with us.
You know what works really well in mashed potatoes? Wasabi and macadamia nuts!! No lie. I had spuds served that way a few days ago and I was amazed.
Owww... but we can't have lonely cranberry sauce on thanksgiving..
Also I had banana coffee again the next day..
Post a Comment