Monday, December 14, 2009

You know that you are no longer in an individualistic society when...

  • the annual medical check is scheduled for you and your peers to attend simultaneously.
  • instructions for specimen collection is given to everybody in a group meeting
  • you are ushered into a female-only locker room and instructed to change into the medical "pjs" (size LL, I might add) with everyone else
  • you are ushered in turn from blood pressure to weight to blood drawing to chest x-ray stations
  • you can watch your friends pass out when blood is being drawn
  • you wait your turn in the hallway with your pj-decked peers (male and female alike)
  • you carry and compare your medical forms from station to station (I'm taller than the boys!!)
  • the medical techs. politely refer to you by number (i.e. eighteen-san=Ms. Eighteen) instead of name
  • the nurses don't inform you before they lift your shirt and measure your girth (thankfully not in front of your peers!)
  • your paperwork states that your medical records WILL be sent to your place of employment

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am half a centimeter shorter than I thought!! ><;

mum said...

Aiyee!! Sounds like the military to me! Glad everything was okay.