Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Karuizawa
Ten years ago, when my dad and I first visited Japan we both stayed with host families. Daddy's host family "Joy" and "Peter" now live in Karuizawa in Nagano prefecture (about 6 hours north by car from Hamamatsu). Karuizawa is a winter ski-haven, summer resort, and home to one of Japan's most well-known missionary language schools. Several weeks ago, I had a chance to visit the area. Here are some of my snapshots. Enjoy! 

"Joy" and "Peter" in front of their home
During my trip, "Joy" invited me to join her caroling group (FYI, I'm the tallest, blondest, and only one not wearing the required uniform!)
It was too cold for fall leaves, but too warm for skiing. However, with a bit of strategic snapping, I was able to get a few "fall-looking" photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful! I knew you would enjoy your time with them. Thanks for sharing pictures.
Post a Comment