Day three began with another lovely meal in the lodge's dining room...

Then we headed up a mountain in hopes to see the hundreds of mini islands near Nagasaki. On our very windy bus drive, the driver took a sharp turn which I wasn't expecting. I literally went flying over to the seats on the other side of the bus to the absolute suprise and terror of my LOLs (while the other passengers couldn't help but burst into gales oflaughter!) Once we reached the top of the mountain, it was unfortunately really cloudy and overcast, but I did get some nice cloudy shots!




Here are the partners-in-crime!
(Notice that I am attempting not to tower over them)

Madame Butterfly

I then decided to climb up a little higher. Here are the results... While my ladies were snapping pictures and shouting up the mountain to me (and I shouting back down) our fellow bus passengers once again started laughing. I guess we really made a scene!


After lunch we decided to visit the sulfur pools. They weren't particularly spectacular, but incredibly smelly!

Then it was time to say goodbye to the hotel and our wonderful staff.


Before the staff sent us off, they presented us with an "ice cream present" of lemon ice cream.
(I really liked this hotel -- if you haven't noticed! Especially their infatuation with ice cream!)

Here I am really towering over them. No wonder I stick out in Japan!

On our drive back to Nagasaki, we asked the taxi cab driver to pull over so I could take some pictures of the tiered rice paddy fields.

Our last stop was the "Eyeglass bridge." Then, it was back to the airport to start another year in the Japanese schools, and to reminicse another amazing LOL adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment