Saturday, July 18, 2009
Life Experiences -- Part 2
Not to be left out of learning about "life experiences, " my second-year students spent two days in the work force. They worked in stores, bakeries, gas stations, fire stations, golfing ranges, etc. Because normal classes were canceled those days, one of the other teachers asked me if I wanted to visit the local kindergarten/preschool to observe the students (mine and the itty-bittys).

Just as these little boys are hanging onto my student, some of the girls began to flock around me. They were fascinated by my hair, my language, my height, my differences... In fact, one even asked me if I was an "English Language person." I told them I was an American and so then they started shooting finger guns at me. I don't want to even know what they were thinking!
I don't know why I teach middle school. The little ones are so much cuter!
If you look closely at the picture, the tallest girl is wielding a cardboard sword. The male junior high teachers thought it would be fun to bring cardboard swords to kindergarten. Don't ask me why!! The weapons were a hit until the kindergarten teachers requested that they be taken away. Oh well, I guess boys will be boys no matter their age or nationality!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment