Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why am I a submarine?

Many of you have asked why I have officially become a submarine in the cyberworld of the Internet. The answer is actually two-fold. First, I have received several emails (some of them slightly creepy) from unknowns commenting on my blog. Although, I don't feel like my personal safety has been compromised, the emails have been a reminder that the Internet isn't as secure as we often feel it is. And, although, I doubt I currently have any stalkers, my every action is closely observed by those around me (no kidding -- the taxi cab drivers know where the tall, blonde in hot pink lives!). Thus, I would prefer to not publicly publicize my thoughts and activities. Secondly, my hiring organization recently sent out a notice to all ALTs that to post pictures publicly on the Internet of our students is a felony since it breaches the minors' privacy rights. As I love to show you my students, I decided it would make more sense to close my blog to the greater world, than to eliminate all pictures of "my kids." However, now that the blog is closed, it doesn't mean that new readers can't be added. If you know of someone who wants to join in following my adventure, just have them send me an email and I will add them to the list! Happy Reading! Or should I say, "Happy Diving"?

2 comments:

dbardy said...

Thanks for sharing, i wondered why the mystery.
Does that mean you need to take down the pictures on the old blog so as not to violate any rules? Or did you get their express written consent? :)

Sarah said...

We all live in a Japanese submarine
A Japanese submarine!
A Japanese submarine!