Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!


This is my absolutely favorite picture of Daddy and me taken the Christmas I was shocked to find my harp "under" the tree. But, although Daddy spoils me to no end (yes, I am a princess and I know it :-) it isn't the presents or treats that he has given me that makes him so special. Instead it is his wise discernment, loving spirit, guiding hand, and love for God that has helped shape me into who I am today. Though Daddy and I share many things, one of the strongest is our desire for adventures and traveling. In fact, even as a young girl any trip with Daddy (even to Home Depot ) was an adventure. He was the first to take me on a plane ride at age nine and to Japan at age 16, and before I left this time he encouraged me "to stop at red lights, but always go on yellow, because green may never come." However, he also encouraged me to never forget Psalms 103. Happy birthday dearest, Daddy. I love you and miss you and wish I could be there to celebrate with you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you your are missed and loved

Anonymous said...

What a precious tribute, dearest Emily. I know he was touched by the sweet expression of your love.