Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm famous...or something like that!

Way back in the late spring, when my hair was still long and it was still cold enough to wear pants, several PTA members showed up unannounced at one of my elementary schools.  (Or maybe it was announced, just not announced to me ;-)   They snapped pictures of my morning classes and interviewed me in the afternoon.  I didn't think anything about it until about a month ago Sarah told me that her school had received a brochure from my school and an entire page was dedicated to me.  I finally was able to track down the article, and sure enough, I made "headline" news in the school paper.


However, making the school newspaper wasn't my only recent fame.  This summer, Sarah and I team-taught a special adult class and NHK, Japan's public TV station showed up.  Supposedly we were on the news at least twice.  It could have been more though, because occasionally people still stop us in the street saying they saw us on TV!

No comments: