Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mom, aren't you proud??

My school nurse has always had a keen interest in me, but since my vice-principal was transferred to a new school in April, she has now decided to take it upon herself to really "mother" me. (Not that I mind of course ;-) And, even though she can't speak a word of English, she is very patient and is always eager to learn new words, too!

Recently she invited me to join her flower arranging class and was thrilled when I agreed to come. She told me that she had specially ordered a "preserved flower" arrangement for me to make so that I could take it home to my mom when I returned to the states. She was so excited that I would be able to take flowers back home that she couldn't stop talking about it!!

While all the other members in the class were cutting fresh blooms and making "less is more" arrangements, I was gluing, tying ribbons, and carving foam, in my attempt to follow the "special" arrangement diagram I was given. When I was finished the ladies kept on commenting on my "special talent." "Your mother will be so proud of your work!! She will be so impressed" Now, I can't say that I believe a glue gun requires too much talent nor do I think that I will be able to transport my arrangement back home -- it's quite big honestly -- but I did think it was important to show you my very "simple" "no-frills" flower arrangement.


1 comment:

mum said...

As they say "a picture is worth a thousand words"....so I'll let your picture speak for me! (Happy Easter?)
xoxoxo